On Friday, 26th October, we’re asking you to support #WearAHatDay and help Brain Tumour Ireland to raise much-needed funds to deliver patient support and information services, raise awareness of brain tumours and their symptoms, and fund research.
Over 400 brain tumours are diagnosed in Ireland each year; it’s a diagnosis that can be truly overwhelming for patients and their families. Every #WearAHatDay donation made will contribute to our work on behalf of patients and their families.
It’s easy to take part and will certainly brighten up your bank holiday Friday! All you have to do is:
- Put on a hat – whether it’s your most extravagant fascinator, your own creation, or your favourite beanie.
- Take a photo of you wearing the hat.
- Share the picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #WearAHatDay.
- Text BTI to 50300 to donate €4. (100% of your donation goes to Brain Tumour Ireland across most network operators. Some operators apply VAT which means a minimum of €3.25 will go to Brain Tumour Ireland. Service Provider LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 0766805278)
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to do the same.
#WearAHatDay takes places as part of International Brain Tumour Awareness Week (20 – 27 October).